New to the whole thing

Say Hi and hang out here
Name: Matt

New to the whole thing

Postby Pricemc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:57 am

Morning All!

My name is Matt and I am living in the Denver area currently. I will admit first off that I am very new to this whole thing. Admittedly am still in the planning/orienting myself stage and just trying to assure that I can actually accomplish this task as it seems like quite the undertaking. I don't have any background in electronics though I have always loved to build things, am a hands on person and always willing to learn what I need to. I am pretty overwhelmed with the amount of information available (which I am sure in the future will be amazing to have this stuff at my disposal) so any feedback about best places to start would be appreciated. I have been looking through all the beginner's guides and FAQs so far.

Also if there are any events or individuals in Denver that are willing to let me ask questions, please let me know. I am looking forward to getting this whole thing started!

-Matt

Name: Devin

Re: New to the whole thing

Postby R2DEVO » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:30 am

Hi Matt! Welcome aboard.

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Welcome, Matt. A couple of us will be at Galaxyfest down in Colorado Springs Feb 19-21 giving a panel on how to start and stuff to think about. If you are building an R2 unit then astromech.net is the place to start (go to the Wiki and look for Beginner's Guide). If you want to build some other droid then rebeldroids.net is the place to be. We look forward to meeting you in person and answering any questions you have.
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Name: Matt

Postby Pricemc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 am

Thank you lynellephi! That would be an awesome way to look in to things. Is the panel happening an a specific day/time out of the three day event? I would be more than happy to take a trip to the Springs if it meant getting some more insight.

I have been looking through the astrochmech.net site and its amazing, I have already begun collecting data on various builds and material types. Thanks again!

Matt

Return to Introductions and General Chat