Hello! And a request for help...

Say Hi and hang out here

Hello! And a request for help...

Postby paffelt » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:12 am

Good morning, MSDBs! After several months of lurking I am finally posting here in the forum. My eight year old son and I are building an r2 unit here in Broomfield, Colorado. After years of contemplating and dreaming I started assembling arts a couple of months ago. At this point I have ALMOST everything for the dome (seemed like a good place to start). I am sanded and polished and I am about to finally cut the dome panels and start the painting process.

I am wondering if there are any builders in the area that are interested in getting together for some droid discussion. Even after countless hours on the astromech.net site I have so many questions about process, tactics, lessons learned, etc. I would love to talk to some seasoned builders! Anyone up for a beer?

Tim..

Name: Devin

Re: Hello! And a request for help...

Postby R2DEVO » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Welcome!

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Welcome to the crazy world of droid building! I'm always up for a droid build day, unfortunately I'm quite busy these days. However if we all want to gather during the Labor Day weekend (or even the weekend before or after) I might be willing to host a build day in my backyard/garage. I'll also be at the Rockies game on July 23rd if you want to come by and look at my R2-AL. There will be a couple other builders there as well. You have to buy a ticket to the game, but you are more than welcome to hang out with us. We'll be somewhere in the concourse area. Other events are coming up as well. If you want to be on the email list please send me your email address to lynellephi @ yahoo . com (without the spaces). I usually send emails for upcoming events and special announcements.
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Name: Brian

Postby igrover » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:09 am

Hi - I live very close to you so if you would like to drop by and discuss droid building anytime just let me know.

Although Devin will tell you that I am not a skilled builder. ;)

I can share many tips that I have garnered over the years of building.

Let me know.

Return to Introductions and General Chat