touching base still alive!! lol!

Say Hi and hang out here

touching base still alive!! lol!

Postby lightsaber-1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Sorry,
I have been out of touch with everyone lately and sorry I didn't get up with you lenell on Halloween I ended up being severly sick over Halloween didn't even get to do anything for it was in bed all weekend sick as hell. All my neighbors kept asking my wife where all the cool star wars stuff was this year and all she could say was I was sick in bed!! Sucked! missed my favorite holiday!! but there is always next year!
Anyway I have been busy as of lately building new lightsabers for my lightsaber business as well as getting a new website up and running for it and getting a sales tax use license and all that great stuff to get my business up and running!
getting facebook pages and youtube websites designed and all the fun stuff that goes into getting thinks up and running and promoting what I do and sell!
Unfortunately my poor R2D2 has not progressed much since the last pics I posted which sucks!! I really want to get more done on him.
But just some FYI I will not omly be selling lightsabers but Starwars collectibles movie props and replicas as well as certain toy collectibles Efx stuff got lots of new things headed to my on line store.
I do want to be able to get together and help with some of these events that the club is doing but I am also going to be setting up at some of the cons as a vendor now so will have to see how it all plays out!
Anyway I still love my R2D2 project and hope to be doing some more work on him soon as I want to have him at least a static droid by this spring I did get electronics for his dome so at least that is out of the way!! lol!
Hope to see some of you soon.
I will be in touch more now hopefully!

oh ya if you want to check out my website its: crystalcavesabers.com
Lightsaber-1
Bryan

Name: Devin

Re: touching base still alive!! lol!

Postby R2DEVO » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Hey Bryan! Good to know you're alive, haven't heard from you in a while :)

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:32 pm

No problems, Bryan. Building an R2 is a hobby, and I always say family and work come first. We do have a few events coming up, and we're trying to plan a droid build day very soon (possibly Feb 7th). I might have to finish up my jedi someday and get a lightsaber from you...
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Postby lightsaber-1 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:40 am

hey Devon and lynell,
a droid build day would be awesome I can definatly use some help putting R2 together planning on doing some work on him this week since my mini metal lathe bit the dust on me! I just ordered a large industrial lathe so it can handle my work load on it. the min lathe just could not handle me making lightsabers everyday on it it burned up so just a little fyi don wast your money on a small one if you ever plan on getting one just pony up the bucks for a nice one!
Anyway If I don't end up at Denver comic con as a vender I might try and help out on the panel for DCC if there is still a space available on the panel trying to get up the money for a booth but its $700 and since I just spent $2500 on a new lathe kinda broke. So we will see I have ill Feb 6th to pay for it right now its not looking like it is going to happen this year but hope o hit a few of the smaller cons since its a lot cheaper for a booth at them.
Anway hope see all of you guys soon and do some work on our droids!

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Right now our DCC panel is full (only six panelists are allowed). I'll put you down as an alternate if you wish. Yeah, vendor booths are ridiculously expensive at DCC. Maybe an artist table would be cheaper. It's just a table and a couple of chairs out in the open (no drapery), where the comic book artists are. Check with them on an artist table. If you have time, please come by Galaxyfest Feb 27-Mar 1. The Gravelin brothers and myself will be giving a Droid 101 panel that Saturday at 11:00am.
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Postby lightsaber-1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:51 am

Hey everyone,
Ya being an alternate is cool with me if you need one and I wont be a vendor this year a DCC just could not afford it. I will try and get down to galaxy fest though if I can. And let me know when the next droid building day comes up I have been working on R2 again so hope to get his legs attached here soon and at least have him standing on his frame in the next dew weeks. Really trying to shoot for him to be a at least a static droid buy summer we will see.
Just got my new metal lathe in and its really big a lot larger the I was thinking it would be so now just getting used to using it and getting I set up right for machining lightsabers.
So hope to post some new progress pics on R2 soon!!

Return to Introductions and General Chat