Open shop days ~ droid building etc. ~ at the FAC workshop

Say Hi and hang out here
Name: Cal

Open shop days ~ droid building etc. ~ at the FAC workshop

Postby MonCal » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:50 pm

This thread is for posting updates regarding open shop days at our workshop in Loveland.

My wife Kathy and I have a prop and costume company in Loveland, called "Far Away Creations". www.FarAwayCreations.com We have a gallery for public viewing (by appointment). We are active members in the other Star Wars costuming clubs including the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, etc. and we often open the shop up on Saturdays, and sometimes Sundays, and extend an open invitation to club members and friends to come use the facilities.

While most of the time Kathy and I are working on something specific (like our full scale landspeeder) and just open up the shop for people to come work on things and electrify the atmosphere with creativity, we sometimes schedule days to work on something specifically. An example would be if we decided we would all gang up and help Lynelle work on her droid "R2-AL" :)

At this time I don't know when our next open shop day will be.

I will post here ahead of time, to let everyone know when we are planning to have the doors open, so keep an eye out :D

Re: Open shop days ~ droid building etc. ~ at the FAC worksh

Postby MonCal » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 pm

This Saturday, January 18th: open shop day.

It's been a while since I had the workshop open and a long time since I worked on the landspeeder so... I am going to motivate myself by posting an open invite if folks wanna come be part of a productive atmosphere, use the facility, and build something :)

I will be working on my speeder but there are spots at the work bench available if you have something to occupy yourself with.

I try to get started around 9:30 and we sometimes work til whenever so feel free to come. If you need any info, shoot me a pm :)

thanks.

Postby MonCal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:38 pm

I am thinking of working on the speeder again this Saturday, January 25th if fellow droid builders wanna use the space and the tools. I think I'll hold off on posting it on the 501st forums and give you guys a shot at the workbench since our shop isn't as big as it once was ;)

Name: Devin

Postby R2DEVO » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 pm

I had fun last weekend :-)

Did you manage to get some work done on the speeder?

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 pm

I have a troop Friday night, but I might be able to come on up to work some more on Arthur. I still have some trimming to do, and hopefully start on the side panels. I do have to watch my gas money, but I think I'm OK if I don't spend $100 again at Colpar Hobbies like last week. :mrgreen:

So, when I get home I'll send out an email invite to our members. It's short notice but I think our new member Tim might want to come along.
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Return to Introductions and General Chat