Hello

Say Hi and hang out here

Hello

Postby neoakaj » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Jason and many know me from the 501st mountain garrison. I have been working on a golden bot project for the past year and my fiancee Val decided she wants an R2-D2 to match. So I have started the long road to building him!

Re: Hello

Postby lightsaber-1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:35 am

Hi Jason,
And welcome! where in Colorado are you? I am in the process as well of building an R2 as well you can check out my build on the build log page for lightsaber-1. I have already built a frankin R2D2 you will have to see to understand why he is called that which I have posted as well on the astromech builders under look what I did. I live up in Evans and there are a few other guys in fort Collins and Loveland that have droids as well I am sure you know cal and devin. if you ever need help working on your R2 or any droid let me know I am retired military and have pretty nice little shop with a lot of tools needed to make these little guys!
Anyway just wanted to say welcome and look forward o seeing your progress and maybe meeting you at a droid build day or something.
Bryan
lightsaber-1

Postby lightsaber-1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:48 am

oh ya there is a thread for my frankin R2 on this site as well in the build threads under lightsaber-1 as well. check it out if you like.

Postby neoakaj » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

Im in Colorado Springs. I work pretty close with Cal on a lot of projects and am up there, well try to get up there, once a month for a weekend.

Name: Devin

Postby R2DEVO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:03 am

Hey Jason, glad to hear you're looking at an R2 to go along with 3po!

Postby lightsaber-1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:13 am

nice!
I love going over to Cals and helping him out when I can. He has helped me out a lot with my R2D2 let me take pics of his I wish I could help him more but I have 5yr old son that I take care of and he takes up a good bit of my time. Maybe he has told you I am the guy that also builds custom lightsabers made him one for his display room. it was a more simple one but still cool. I am hoping we will have a droid build day sometime soon. not sure what all you have so far for your R2 but I just saw an aluminum dome for sale on the astromech site. I got my TC frame from the mid west builders group. or are you going the styrene route. I plan on building an R5d4 out of styrene next just as a static display I have all of dave everetts complete styrene build plans.

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Welcome, Jason and Val! Glad you found us. We'll have to find someone to host a build day in the Springs. In the meantime feel free to post pics of your builds.
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Return to Introductions and General Chat