Gonk droid build by lightsaber-1

Droid builds and other club-related projects

Gonk droid build by lightsaber-1

Postby lightsaber-1 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:48 am

So after taking my R2D2 to wings over the rockies for may the 4th and hanging out with Devin and John I was inspired by Johns Gonk droid to do a Gonk droid build myself!
So when I got home from there I proceeded to round up all the stuff I would need to do this build. For those of you that want to get into droid building and cant afford to start building an R2D2 this is a great way to get into it for not a lot of money at all!
I had pretty much everything I needed just lying around my house aside from a few led lights and 2+6 piece of wood that I needed. But as for cost if you had to buy everything you can build one of these for under $100 dollars which is pretty awesome I think!
SO with that being said here is what I did I started with 2 storage tubs and proceeded to cut out all the holes I needed to put the face plate and other pieces in and cut out the detail pieces in the center. to connect th to tubes I used small bolts to hold them together
SO for al the detail pieces I used all kinds of different little things I had laying around even some pieces of legos that my son had destroyed so I put them to good use. I also used so eva foam as well and then I wired in some LED lights to give him some life. his feet are made out of wood and the round parts on his legs is irrigation tubing from home depot. this build only too me 4 days to do as well which is awesome and was a lot of fun to do I plan on building a few more soon!
so here are my build pics and if you have any question feel free to ask.

[img]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/lightsaber-1/20150505_150350_
zps67stfhfk.jpg[/img]

so there you go one gonk droid done!

Name: John

Re: Gonk droid build by lightsaber-1

Postby wegotthetools » Sat May 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Very nice job man! Hope to see it in person sometime. :D

Return to Build Threads