Possible Mouse Droid Build?

General Droid and Droid Building Discussion
Name: John

Possible Mouse Droid Build?

Postby wegotthetools » Thu May 21, 2015 8:45 pm

Hello, Everyone!
I am interested in possibly staring a mouse droid. Can anyone help me by telling me where I can find a shell and other parts? Thanks!

Name: Devin

Re: Possible Mouse Droid Build?

Postby R2DEVO » Fri May 22, 2015 7:54 am

Cal should be able help you out with those. Someone also offers them on astromech.net I think, but it's nice to get something local :)

Name: Devin

Postby R2DEVO » Fri May 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Check out Cal's build here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Wed May 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Got my shell from Darren on the astromech website. They are the full size ones. Cal has the 3/4 size ones. With Cal's you can get the standard race car chassis with no mods and all the motors, servos, etc at any hobby store (I got mine at Colpar Hobbies). You can buy the IC chips (on the side) in bulk on ebay, but most are coming from China so you have to be patient getting them. Top greeblies are a pita, meaning we can't get them yet (a couple builders in the Mouse droid group on Yahoo are working on it). I've decided not to get top greeblies and will experiment with a solar panel that fits on top instead. MSE's are fairly easy to build and fairly inexpensive (mine was just shy of $500).
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Name: John

Postby wegotthetools » Thu May 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Good to know you guys! Thanks so much. I have sent a email to Far Away Creations and a PM to Cal! Just waiting for some responses haha. I hope to start a build soon :).

Return to General Droid Talk