MarcDuino

General Droid and Droid Building Discussion
Name: Joshua

MarcDuino

Postby WyoLars » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm

I finially have time... and some money to put in to R2.

Has anyone used MarcDuino? I'm completely confused by it.

I just ordered all the parts. Im plan to use it for sound at this point. and maybe add servos down the road.

Seem arduino has completely replaced all droid electronics. I'm so out of date.

Name: Devin

Re: MarcDuino

Postby R2DEVO » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:49 am

I haven't used it, but I remember watching CuriuosMarc's video demonstration. It looks pretty neat, but I think he wrote the app for iphone, which I don't have.

I'm interested to see how your setup progresses.

Here's more info for anyone else not familiar: http://www.curiousmarc.com/dome-automation

Name: Cal

Postby MonCal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm not familiar with that term.

I did use an arduino system for my logic displays that I bought at radio shack. I know right?! Radio shack had something useful ;) While I actually had no natural talent for using it, I followed advice on the forums and only after a couple minor issues, I got my lights working. It wasn't that difficult in the end.

Name: Joshua

Postby WyoLars » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:57 am

MonCal wrote:I'm not familiar with that term.

It did use an arduino system for my logic displays that I bought at radio shack. I know right?! Radio shack had something useful ;) While I actually had no natural talent for using it, I followed advice on the forums and only after a couple minor issues, I got my lights working. It wasn't that difficult in the end.

This outfit is a special R2 builder arduino board. He uses the anduino chip. but made a costume board to control. Dome Panels. HPs. Logic output (if using the teecee setup) and the reason I'm switching - sound. Once I get sound working I'll move on to dome panels then HP lights. I have Jim's lights and dont see a neat to change them out just for scrolling txt.

You use a iphone or a ipod touch to control it wireless.

I'll post updates as I go then.

Check out his youtube channel is pretty neat.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mverdiell/videos

Name: Cal

Postby MonCal » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Hmm.. cool. I will have to look into that. I'm not an apple person so I won't be getting one of those any time soon but if the system is compatible I am interested in the extra control. I would love to set up the pie panels to open and also run at least one HP.

Return to General Droid Talk