Batteries

General Droid and Droid Building Discussion
Name: Cal

Batteries

Postby MonCal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:32 pm

I was thinking a thread discussing batteries would be helpful, especially for new builders.

I don't know what batteries others use or where they prefer to buy them from but I currently use two of the following type of battery in my droid:

One runs the drive system and the other runs the rest of the electronics.

If I am driving my droid constant, the entire day, I can get about 8 hours. I have to have an extra battery for my remote as one of those batteries goes about 4 hours.

A few years ago I bought a 12 V 12ah battery for $42.00 at batteries plus. I don't know if this is still the case but when I bought from there, if you set up an account they drop the price to about $30.00 plus you get discounts on all their other batteries, light bulbs etc. I found some batteries online for $28 but with shipping and tax it will bring it up to around $40 anyway.

I also bought one of these types of batteries at the ACE hardware down the street from my house. It actually seemed to do better than the one I got at batteries plus.

Name: Devin

Re: Batteries

Postby R2DEVO » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 pm

I have several of these Werker WKA12-9F2 batteries. They seem to be doing the trick so far.

I also got them from Batteries Plus, also with a discount :)
I think they ended up being $23 each. I think it ended up being around 35% off their normal price!

These get me a good 6 hours or so if I'm roaming quite a bit, that is, using two of them. Eventually I plan to add more so I don't have to worry about running out of juice.

Name: Joshua

Postby WyoLars » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 am

Guess I should have posted my storage questoin here. OOps

Name: Cal

Postby MonCal » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Nah... it's all good :)

Return to General Droid Talk