Goldie's Christmas Present!

General Droid and Droid Building Discussion
Name: Lynelle

Goldie's Christmas Present!

Postby lynellephi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:28 pm

I want to thank Brian from the bottom of my heart for finding a wooden center leg for Goldie on the astromech forums. Marc (CuriousMarc) gave me a small price cut, I sent the paypal an hour ago, and it's being shipped tomorrow morning. Goldie will soon be standing on her own three feet!! She'll still be a display unit while I finish AL and Arthur, but at least she won't be wobbly. So, when's the next droid build day?? Yeah, working on three droids at the same time while making a travel box for AL is quite the task, but I think I'm up to it after the holidays. Lots to do, but we do what we do for the love of it. Thank you Brian.
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Name: Devin

Re: Goldie's Christmas Present!

Postby R2DEVO » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 am

Cool! Now with three feet, you'll have to be careful about the dome wanting to slide back while on display. We already have a tough time keeping it centered while level haha. Do you have a rockler for Goldie?

We should definitely have another build day soon, even if it's just working on Goldie and AL (mostly AL, he's so close!). We need to give them some life :)

Name: Lynelle

Postby lynellephi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:33 am

I don't see a rockler in her box of goodies. I just found out there's a rockler store here in Denver somewhere. I'll have to find one of their coupons and go over there sometime and get one. Until we get her dome on properly I'll just have her on two legs for now. I'm also thinking about getting rid of the PVC tube since the dome doesn't quite fit on that (and it's very hard carving out the holes for all the other parts).
http://r2-al.blogspot.com
"To Do is To Be" - Socrates, "To Be is To Do" - Plato, "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

Name: Cal

Postby MonCal » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:52 am

Awesome. Congrats :)

Yeah, we do need to do a droid build day. I really want to do some work on mine again but I also want to team up and get Al fully mobile.

Postby lightsaber-1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:42 am

I found my rockler on ebay for a decent price fit perfectly for my R2 works great! and ya we need a droid build day for sure now that my R2 actually looks like a droid now and standing on his legs now! I am excited with al the new progress I have made with him!

Return to General Droid Talk